From Brotato Wiki

Damage: 6(80%Melee Damage.png)
9(80%Melee Damage.png)
12(80%Melee Damage.png)
20(80%Melee Damage.png)
Attack Speed: 1.01s / 0.93s / 0.86s / 0.78s
DPS: 5.9(79%Melee Damage.png)/s
9.7(86%Melee Damage.png)/s
14.0(93%Melee Damage.png)/s
25.6(102%Melee Damage.png)/s
Crit Chance / Damage: x2.5 (20%) / x3 (30%) / x3.5 (40%) / x4 (50%)
Range: 150 / 150 / 150 / 150
Knockback: 2 / 2 / 2 / 2
Lifesteal: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Attack Type: Thrust


Knife is a weapon that can be bought from the Shop. Weapons are primary damage dealers and most Characters can hold up to 6 weapons.

Knife is a Melee Weapon. Melee weapons have two different attack types, thrust and swing, both are capable of hitting multiple enemies. Melee weapons' Range only increases or decreases by half the amount of your Range stat. The attack speed of melee weapons depends on their range. Increasing the range slightly decreases the Attack Speed, but increases the area hit by the weapon. Negative range has the inverse effect.


The Knife is a weapon based around critical hits, and can reach some of the highest single target damage per second of any melee weapon in the game. But it takes time for the knife to reach that point.

The early game can be rough, as critical hits can be quite unreliable when you have 20% to 30% chance to crit. Either the hit doesn't crit, and doesn't deal enough damage, or it crits and deals too much, wasting some of the damage.

The knife reaches a Critical Damage modifier of 4x at tier 4, compared to the normal modifier of 2x which most weapons have. Which means that Crit Chance provides 3 times the increase to your damage output compared to a regular weapon with a 2x modifier.

The tier 4 knife has a base Crit Chance of 50%, and having 6 Precise weapons grants another 15% Crit Chance, so you only need an additional 35% to reach 100% chance to crit on a hit.

The Knife has a low base damage even at higher tiers compared to most other weapons, but it scales well with Melee Damage.


Knife has the Weapon Class(es) of: Precise.

Weapons in the same class gain bonuses, and are more likely to be found in the Shop.

Class Bonuses Weapons
Precise (2)+3% Crit Chance
(3)+6% Crit Chance
(4)+9% Crit Chance
(5)+12% Crit Chance
(6)+15% Crit Chance